Evangelion

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Diabolikal Rapture, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

I think that Evangelion is the best anime ever, It lacks nowhere... I absolutely love the series.......:headband:
  2. Kadenzza New Member

You know, I'm going to have to agree with you there. Got End of Evangelion and the whole series on dvd for christmas, and I'm still sodding obsessed.
  3. Angelwing Sine dubio, instantatum

I still have to watch this series. I've heard that it's so great, so I'm willing to give it a chance, even though I saw the first episode and wasn't very impressed. But I'm sure it picks up.
  4. ubx51 ABBA Fanboy

This is my favorite anime ever. I even got the two Sega Saturn games based on it, though I speak no japanesse. On a side note, if you happen to pick up the Platinum versions, please to be ignoring the commentary. Most of it is trash. Same goes for EOE.
  5. boomstick ....Naked

I must get around to watching this series, I hear nothing but complete praise for the series.
  6. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

Thank you all for your support......If anyone has any Evangelion Sprites that I could use please E-mail me them at EvangelionAngel2@aol.com
  7. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

I love Evangelion, I've studied everything I could find about the shows meanings (even though I've only seen episodes 1-4, 6, 13-15, 17, and 20-22). Anyhow, I love Evangelion and plan on buying the full DVD boxset very soon (along with a bunch of other DVDs, but that's not the point)
  8. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Really? I was pulled into it right from the beginning, the presentation of it all I felt was amazing.

Anyhow, I've seen the first 22 episodes or so and I think it's the greatest anime of all time. Filled with deep, complex characters, wonderful story, great action, drama, and everything in-between. It's also the only anime I've seen that almost completely draws me into its story (when drama happens in most anime, I just let out a laugh, yet in Evangelion I'm remain completely silent, in suspence until I see what happens next).
  9. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

Thank you legend for your vote of confidence!!!
  10. boomstick ....Naked

Well, apparently, according to information from another board Neon Genesis Evangelion is slated to be added to the Adult Swim block.

I'd like to think that the editing won't be too bad, but it's only wishful thinking, discuss.
  11. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

That was during Adult Swim's mecha robot craze week, they had about 4 episodes, very poorly edited.
  12. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Well, adult swim doesn't edit too much, only what absolutely must be edited to get a TV 14 rating. Because most episodes of Evangelion are TV 14 anyhow (I think there are two or three episodes that got a TV MA rating, but even there the editing wouldn't be too harsh), there should be a problem there.
    Wasn't that shown on Toonami? Also, didn't it happen in mid-2002? I highly doubt someone would get brand new information confused with information that's three years old. Then... You never know, lol.

Anyhow, it's awesome that the greatest anime of all time is finally hitting the American air waves, hopefully, they won't edit too much from it. Then, a TV 14 rating is much less strict than the TV 7 ratings that Toonami needs, so it probably won't be too bad.
  13. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

They're bringing the whole thing back, as far as I know.

I say, just buy the DVDs. Obviously, some parts will be edited, and I'd rather not watch it if that's the case.
  14. ubx51 ABBA Fanboy

^ I agree. I already have the Platinum DVDs and only watch it on TV to see the edits they made. Also, I wonder if the would also show The End of Evangelion. Now I can see that movie being butchered.
  15. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think this is going to be edited that much, though. I mean, sure, there'll be edits, but is it really worth paying some $150 for the complete DVD set for a sex scene and being able to hear 'bullshit' a few times? Unless, of course, it's being shown on Toonami, in which case the entire show is likely to be edited, probably to the point where it isn't even 'Evangelion' anymore. But I can live with the slight edits that Adult Swim does, at least the show would still have its identity. Either way, I'll watch it no matter how much (or how little) editing is done to it.
  16. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

Yeah
  17. Shalashaska Ego Dominos Tuus

The show reminded me too much of Voltron... sorry, your opinions can't effect me.
  18. ubx51 ABBA Fanboy

^ You must seen very little of Evangelion to get that opinion. It's more of a drama then a giant robot show.
  19. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

Even then, at least it's more interesting and the "giant robots" are far better.
  20. Sapphire Rose Bleeding thorugh the eyes.

Not only is the show great, it also made me sad in various parts (something that is VERY hard to do with me). I've still yet to see the movie, but I can already anticipate good things from it. At least give it another shot, Shala. :)