Emulators

Discussion in 'Neo-Gaming' started by Cyborg of Death, May 1, 2007.

1. Does anyone here use an emulator?

My firiend Chris has apparantly every past-gen (Excluding PS2, XBox and Gamecube, and the current handhelds of course). I just downloaded an emulator called ZSNES and at this one site, and this apparantly has like, 10 000 games or somethin like that. Japanese titles, Korean titles, European titles, North American titles...everything :wow:

So now I'm at like, 10 214 games now... :wow:
  2. Nights Shadow Custom User Title

I have Zsnes or atleast i know i did at one point. I use to use Homebrew ALL the time on my PSP. I had like 200 games for my psp just from SNES,NES and playstation. I also use Project64 which is really awsome to. Alot of the PS2 and newer console emulators run terribly slow though :(. My 64 one runs perfect. Even bought a controller for it.
  3. Venom Well-Known Member

I used to use them a lot, to play by myself, then I started using Zsnes to netplay, but recently I haven't used them for anything. I have Zsnes and Gens, but no roms...so it's kinda pointless.
  4. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

I've been using emulators for years, and i'd definitely love to get some multiplayer games going over the internet, thru Zbattlenet, or Kalleria(spelling?) or whatever.
  5. Nights Shadow Custom User Title

I had a ton of RPGs i didnt think id ever get to play. Roms really kick ass when your broke or cant find a game. :D
  6. Crossover Unoriginal Gangsta

ROMs are great, period. Portable gaming for me, lol. Laptop.
  7. I need a (good) Turbografx-16 / Turbo Duo emulator...

I heard the Genesis one alone is like, 65 GB...well the full package anyways.
  8. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

umm...Emulator's don't come with the games. You have to d/l em seperately...usually at least.
  9. Nights Shadow Custom User Title

Yea you have to dl the Roms seperate. Unless they zip filed all the games in with it, which would be really good. It sucks tracking down Roms sometimes, and then its not even what you want or in japanese.
  10. The Bill tf2 is a good game

And it's sometimes difficult to find certain ROMs because the ESA prevents sites from posting them.

I've got SNES, NES, GB/GBA, N64, PSX, Master System, GG, Megadrive/Genesis and I'm currently working on getting MAME (Arcade) and NDS (If there are any ROMs for it) to work.
  11. Nights Shadow Custom User Title

Lets see all i have is SNES, NES, GBA, GBC, SEGA, Old PC games like Doom, PSX, N64 and a really slow PSP and DS, but i believe i deleted those since they run so bad. All were on my PSP until i updated now they wont wonk on it, but they all still run on my computer :).
  12. The Bill tf2 is a good game

I found a site with Gamecube ISOs, gonna see if they work any good.
  13. Nazo Moderator

Watch your GC get hacked. Lmao.
    1 people like this.
  14. Yes I know that.

Now I have a problem. The emu that I'm using currently doesn't support TOC files, and currently I have a TG-16 emu. Is there any emu's that support TOC extensions?
  15. ProtoJMB Gone

I myself only have ROMs of games that are either on the Famicom Disk System, really obscure games on systems that don't exist in the US, or of prototype games that never got released.

As for the other stuff, I play it all on Console Classix until I buy the actual game.

With that being said, I ALWAYS prefer the hard copies, and buy then whenever I can. NOTHING BEATS THE ORIGINAL! I have seen some good emus, but nothing beats playing the original game on the original system.
  16. Nights Shadow Custom User Title

Good point, but roms are Teh freeness. :D and state save rocks my socks.
  17. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

I PREFER legal copies myself, but in some cases...it just isn't possible.
  18. Cletus Well-Known Member

I like using legal copes most of the time, just like Grave. But when it isn't possible to get my hands on a copy I just download the ROM, I have Gens, ZSNES, and some others I can't remember the names of. I know they're for the NES and Arcade Machines though.
  19. Crossover Unoriginal Gangsta

I don't care how I obtain it. So long as I can play it and finish it, I'm satisfied.
    1 people like this.
  20. Hobbes Mindless Philosopher

They're fantastic. I enjoy being able to play games of the past, playing games I never got to, etc.
    1 people like this.