Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Discussion in 'Puzzle, Simulation and Strategy' started by Elle Lawliet, May 16, 2008.

1. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

What?

It's a fun game.

Shut up.

Sadly, I don't know of ANYONE besides myself who played it. So I always thought I was insane. It got ridiculously hard after the first few levels too...
  2. Nazo Moderator

I played the hell out of it on my Sonic Mega Collection for the GC. Omg such a fun game. Beat it many times I did. Funnest part of it was definitely two player mode.
  3. Marcius THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!

Hmmm...I played it quite often when I was younger. And then a guy I know, Don, came around and kicked my ass at it...:( HE RUINED ME
  4. Venom Well-Known Member

DRMBM is a fun puzzle game. I haven't played it a LOT by any measure but I get into it from time to time.
  5. The Bill tf2 is a good game

There was a game for the NES which was exactly the same, can't remember the name. Puyo Puyo or something.
  6. Venom Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was actually the original game, I think. Sega cloned it with DRMBM and Nintendo cloned it with Kirby's Avalanche. They added Sonic/Kirby in order to popularize it since most people wouldn't have bought Puyo Puyo Fever (I think is the full name) as it were.
  7. Rocketbilly_Redcadillac Painting Nintendo emblems one baby at a time!

What's even more interesting is to play Mean Bean Machine and Kirby's Avalanche to notice that they use the EXACT same sprites for the "beans".

My friend and I used to throw down on two-player. It's certainly one of the funner puzzle games to challenge someone at. It has a keen sense of balance between encroaching further upon victory on your end while creating hindrance on theirs.