Doesn't anyone watch the old-school stuff?

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Venom, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Venom Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, not just on this forum, most people who are into anime are only into stuff that's recently become popular. But does anyone still watch the old-school stuff, like from the 80's and early 90's, before anime was even popular in the States?
  2. PKT Forever /a/lone

I watch older anime from time to time. It's fun to see where certain directors and VA's got started.
  3. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Hm, well I still watch anime from the golden years even though I don't talk much about it. It's just easier for me to discuss the newer anime, because not everyone is familiar with the likes of Oniisama e, Tokimeki Tonight, Galaxy Express 999, High School! Kimengumi, and the like.
  4. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Voltron was my 1st Anime series, from back in the 1980's.

That show was fucking awesome!
  5. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I watch hardly any of the older anime. Though even modern anime hasn't particularly interested me lately. xD
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Traitor desu ne ^.
  7. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

Yu Yu Hakusho.

...What? I liked it.
  8. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I adore YuYu Hakusho, so good for you. The show contained a lovely pairing.
  9. Low-Budget Adult Filmmaker <font color=blue>Fuck.

Astro Boy, son. (Waits for comments about its mediocrity).
    1 people like this.
  10. Dexter Tea Time

Meh, I mostly enjoy the early 00's anime. Most of the old stuff I don't really care for but I do still watch.
  11. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

Gundam Wing ftw. I've always loved that anime, even though I barely understood what was going on. I guess I just liked ginormous robot-looking things fighting one another.
  12. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Gundam Wing was amazing, especially because it produced plenty of gal fans who then became Yaoi Fanatics just like me! Oh, but Gundam Wing wasn't the show that busted my proverbial yaoi cherry, though.
  13. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

....God, you're weird.
    <3
    1 people like this.
  14. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

BAD. IMAGES.
  15. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

^ Mission Complete.
  16. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I take back what I said earlier about not watching old anime. At least, if you're considering stuff from the 90s and early 00s "old-school." >_>

I loved Golden Boy, as well as Serial Experiments Lain, Berserk and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. Evangelion was pretty awesome, as well.
  17. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

With the huge number of animu fans we have...yeah, what you've mentioned are pretty much old school material. I fucking ADORED Golden Boy, Devil Hunter Yohko, Debutante Detectives, Slayers, etc (do you really want me to list them all!?).