Disgaea Vol. 1: The Netherworld Prince

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Captain Morgan, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Wow, I didn't even know this was being made...i'm such a n00b! :(

but, RPGamer had it listed in the "upcoming releases" list, for a 01.09.2007 release in the U.S

The description say's:

"An anime adaptation of the game Makai Senki Disgaea, to be published by Geneon in the US."

Screenshots:
    http://www.rpgamer.com/games/disgaea/disgaeaanime/screens/disgaeaanimess030406.html

Movie Clip
    http://www.rpgamer.com/games/disgaea/disgaeaanime/disgaeaanimemov.html

Character Artwork:
    http://www.rpgamer.com/games/disgaea/disgaeaanime/art/disgaeaanimeart030406.html

anyone planning on buying this?
  2. Corrupt Destination Tomorrow

I'm not too much of an anime buff, but since I really enjoyed Disgaea for PS2, I'm at least considering buying this. I love the animation and the way the characters look, though.
  3. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Hah, looks cute.

Haven't played the PS2 game, though I am interested in it, and will certainly check this one out if the chance arises.
  4. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

UPDATE: I caught the first episode with the Newtype USA DVD. It was decent, but not something that really pulled me in. Again, if I get the chance to see more, I'll gladly do so, but I'm certainly not paying $25 for the DVD. >_>
  5. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Legend: You'd probably enjoy the anime more if you played the games. Besides that(rather obvious fact), first episodes of most series are pretty lame. Anyway, I still really wanna buy this.
  6. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Yup, probably. I've actually been wanting to play the games for a while now, but I can't find them anywhere.

Actually, I usually adore the first episodes of the series more than the series itself. I find the exposition to be the most interesting aspect of nearly any story, and probably the most vital. But that usually emcompasses about a fifth of the total series, at least, I think it does. And to some degree, nearly all series maintain some sense of exposition throughout, with the meeting of new characters and what not. Yeh, but anyway. <_<
  7. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Legend: Disgaea 2 only came out a few months ago. You should be able to find it at almost any EB or Gamestop. Disgaea 1 may be a bit thougher to find however. And I take back what I said about first episodes being "pretty lame" and replace it with "most series take at least a couple episodes to get you hooked"

At least for me anyway.
  8. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Yup, I've seen it here and there, but I tend not to buy games when they're still full price (too many other things to spend money on >_>). I'll wait and see if I can find it used anywhere, for around $20 or so.

For me, if I'm not hooked by episode 2, I'm not getting hooked ever. :p