Death Note.

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Overdose Delusion, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Near Lawliet New Member

You guys! You're confusing me :(

P.S. British or not....the dubbed voice still sucks :p
  2. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

Then perhaps provide proof, for I have read the manga and watched the anime as well, and he is not British. Even the damn creator says he is a mix of different nationalities.

Are you refuting the creator?
  3. Near Lawliet New Member

Isn't everybody? :p

Which nationalities?
  4. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

5. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

Uh, I've read the damn manga before...HE IS NOT BRITISH.

And to answer Near's question

It's from Wiki, but the source seems to be from something called "Death Note: How to Read 13" which gives a lot of insight into character's and their backgrounds.
  6. Near Lawliet New Member

I know! I just wiki'd it myself. I would very much like to see this 'Death Note: How to Read 13' :headband:
  7. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

^ I have Death Note 13. The card that comes with the book is so...friggin'...cute. I keep it in my wallet. Anyway, there's no way L's British o_o;.
  8. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

I think Steph is confusing the fact that he went to school in Britain, like I said earlier.

I believe the mention it during the tennis match, if memory serves correctly.
  9. Near Lawliet New Member

He is part British, part Russian, part Japanese, and part French. 1/4 of each :)

If I can accept it then you certainly can :p
  10. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

Being part doesn't make him that. I'm part native american but you don't see people calling me an Indian.

Pretty sure he just mentions living in England for five years.
    1 people like this.
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

By that, I mean COMPLETELY British. I'm Black, and to a lesser extent Native American and Italian, but I wouldn't go about stating quarters and the like. To me, L is just of Caucasian background o-o. It's just how I see it.
  12. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I remember hearing. And according to Wikipedia the official statement regarding his nationality is, "I think of him as a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian and... maybe a quarter French or Italian? Something like that."

He's not British, nor did he travel to Japan just to reside over the Kira case, nor is anything of this sort hinted at during the series.
  13. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

*pats Sou-kun on the back* You remind me of a slightly neurotic Matsuda.
  14. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

David reminds me of Misa, through-and-through.
  15. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

[IMG]

Mic, let's begin operation "Transform Sou-kun into Misa Amane complete with goth wear, pig tails, and matching panties" IMMEDIATELY.
  16. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

You know that is probably the best thing I've seen of Misa, looks good.
  17. Near Lawliet New Member

God...I hate Misa lol
  18. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

Yeah, she is probably the most annoying anime girl...ever. And that is saying something.
  19. Near Lawliet New Member

What are everybody's thoughts on Melo and Near?
  20. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

I like Melo more only because he is more original, Near was just like a younger L.