Death Note.

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Overdose Delusion, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Overdose Delusion So strange what love does.

I'm just curious, who here has seen this anime and what do they think of it? I'm currently watching it, about 10 episodes in, and I'm enjoying it so far. The storyline is really interesting, creative and well-written from what I've watched. I also like the character designs and the overall dark, serious tone and atmosphere to the show. I haven't bothered watching it on Cartoon Network; I just watch all the episodes subtitled on Veoh.
  2. Near Lawliet New Member

I looooove Death Note :)

I watched all of the episodes [subbed] on anime6.org. I finished it in like a week lol.
  3. Overdose Delusion So strange what love does.

Yeah, I've been watching it subtitled on Veoh. 24 episodes in now. I can understand what you mean about finishing it in a week; the series gets pretty addictive. I've been watching like 5 episodes a day lately. lol.
  4. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I used to download one or two episodes a day using my school's Internet. Ended up finishing it in about three weeks.

I thought it was absolutely brilliant at first, though began to become a bit lacking after episode 17 or so. Remained at least entertaining throughout, I suppose.
  5. Near Lawliet New Member

Episode 25 is coming up...... :'(
    And a tip for anyone who wants to watch it: DON'T watch it dubbed! The voices suck :p
    [Even though the subs aren't alawys 100% accurate. The voices are worth it ;)]
  6. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Death note was amazing up until like episode 20, then it got lame, however in the last episode, it revisited the awesomeness that it had in the early episodes. I think they drug it on a little at the end.

With that said, Code Geass > Death note.
    1 people like this.
  7. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Well, honestly I only saw a few of the episodes back when it was released in Japan since I wanted to finish completing my Death Note manga collection before diving into the anime. I thought it was good, but the dubbed version is killing me a wee bit (though I don't think it's BAD, just tolerable). L's Japanese voice actor made me feel tingly o-o;.
  8. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I LOVE Death Note. It's amazing. You should read it too. You wouldn't believe how close the anime is to the manga. I was very impressed. Subs are always better than the dubs. But oh man! I love Death Note. :3
  9. Near Lawliet New Member

Me too! O_O
    That's why I absolutely refuse to watch it in English. :p
  10. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Well the voice actor for L in the dub was cast perfectly. It's a British guy, and as we all know, L is British.
  11. Near Lawliet New Member

Eh? The actor didn't sound British to me... :confused:
    And seriously....L's British? Wooooooooooooooow. How'd he end up in Japan?
  12. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Yep. L is British. He's in Japan to catch Kira.
  13. Near Lawliet New Member

No way.....
    Why do all of the signs point to Japanese!?
  14. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Because its anime.
  15. Near Lawliet New Member

Nooo! I refuse to believe it! dhsgfyuewgfywqegfhwgf [<---- That's me having a fit] :D
  16. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

That is you failing in every aspect.
  17. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

What? LOL.

1. L is not British. If you would like to bring up some statement or validation to prove that he is, you are free to do so.

2. The voice actor for the dub is NOT perfect. He's boring and stale, and does not excude a voice of contemplation or intelligence that I would expect of someone like L. The Japanese actor did this perfectly.

3. THE DUB'S VOICE ACTOR DOES NOT SOUND BRITISH. And even if he did, and L was magically British, how does actually finding someone who has a voice from their actual region make it somehow perfect?

4. The dubs are awful. God awful. They ruin a good show.
  18. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

L went to school in Britian, he may not have British blood, but is most likely a citizen.
  19. Near Lawliet New Member

Let's be best friends on this issue. You can be the imaginary one ;)

I don't think that he's British, I don't think that the dubbed actor sounded British, and I absolute adore L's Japanese voice. The dubbed voice sounded overly monotonous while the original voice sounded overly amazing ^_^
  20. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

L comes from Britain. How can you guys not know this? I swear he does. I read the manga AND watch the show. I know for a fact that L is British.