Code Geass Pwns Death Note.

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Phunky Philosophy, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

I love Death Note. Its a great Anime. But I hate how overated it is. Thus I must attack it and state how things that are much better, are much better.
  2. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

You can't say something is great and then going around saying it's crap compared to other shows. It doesn't work that way.
  3. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Why not? Things can be great, yet suck when compared to things much greater.
  4. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

Well, when you find something let me know.
  5. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Already have, Death Note. Grate when compared to Naruto. Crap when compared to Code Geass.
  6. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

Naruto isn't crap, comparing Naruto to Death Note is like comparing Dragonball Z to Chobits. Naruto is a stereotypical shounen while Death Note is a suspense with very little anime stereotypes. Code Geass is a mecha sci-fi drama like every Gundam series. Sure, there's a lot of differences, but the basic outline is the same.

Stop comparing apples and cabbage. I repeat, it doesn't work that way.
  7. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Code Geass is nothing like Gundam. COde Geass is far more similar to Death Note then any Gundam or other mecha anime. Saying b3ecause it has Mechs its similar would be saying that Gundam is like Big O.

Also, Naruto is crap when compared to any anime.
  8. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

Again, Naruto is a stereotypical shounen anime. It's not directed towards people who are looking for deep plots and intriguing twists, it's looking at teenagers and younger who want cheap thrills.

And did I say Code Geass was Gundam because of the mechs? No, I said it was LIKE Gundam and when you cut it down to the basics they are essentially the same thing. Blahblahblah, mech fight, blahblahblah physical confrontation, speech, rabble, mech fight, suspense, end.
  9. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Sean is so kicking your ass at this, Wiki. >_>
  10. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Besides the Mech FIghts, the Drama that is in COde Geass is the same kind thats in Death note. Going by what you said, Death Note is blahblahblahblah without anything to make it interesting. The entire reason I made the comparison between death note and Code Geass is because how similar they are. Code Geass also rarely has mech fights.

How is this an excuse for it being crap? LOL It is an action anime so it is OK that it sucks, in fact, it is awesome.

Bleach, DBZ, Trigun, all the same kind of anime as Naruto, and all are far superior.

Just because things are different, does not mean that they cannot be compared. I can tell you that I think apples taste a hell of a lot better then Cabbage does. It doesnt matter that one is a vegi and one is a fruit, apples still taste better.
  11. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

To say Code Geass 'rarely' has mech fights is really pushing it. Nightmares have been featured in at least half the Geass episodes I've seen to this point, and play a pivotal role in most of the combat. In this regard it is similar to Gundam, and I don't think this can be properly argued.
  12. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Gundam revolved around mecha though, they couldnt exist without it. Mechs in Code Geass hardly play a crucial roll
  13. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

Alright, I didn’t feel like doing this, but let’s put the two points of these shows next to each other:

Death Note: Light Yagami acquires a Death Note and attempts to use it to cleanse the world of evil, originally just criminals and then anyone who tries to stop him, but he believes he is doing the right thing, though going about it the wrong way which leads to his ultimate failure.

Code Geass: Lelouch Lamperouge is a young prince who is trying to put a stop to an unnecessary war. He isn’t trying to cleanse the entire world, just stop a tyrannical country’s rule. He isn’t doing is this for his own good, he’s doing it for his sister. Self-sacrificing, if you will.

Because it’s not AIMED for adults or even older teens, it’s for young teens and possibly anyone lower than that. Naruto isn’t filled with DARK THEMES and intense plots. Trigun is nowhere NEAR a typical shounen, yeah, it is has the high action and comedic little antics with Vash, but it’s far darker then something like Naruto (which mind you, isn’t dark at all).

Stop trying to throw me off track.

Yes, in fact that IS what it means! You can’t compare a powerful man and a little girl and say, “Oh that little girl is pathetic she cannot lift that TV set!” while the man lifts one in each hand. Likewise, you can’t say the man is pathetic because he won’t put on makeup and play with dolls. Thus, you cannot compare the two.

Sure, you CAN compare, but there’s going to be a shitload more contrast.
  14. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

THE ENTIRE SERIES IS BASED ON THE PREMISE THAT BRITANNNIA TOOK OVER WITH THE KNIGHTMARE FRAMES

WTF R U DOIN
    1 people like this.
  15. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? Mechs in Code Geass are the most powerful weapons available on either side. I could understand a statement like this if the Nightmares were just a backdrop for other military equipment, but they're not. I've only seen one weapon so far capable of taking down a Knightmare that wasn't itself a Knightmare, and even that couldn't do anything when they sent the Lancelot after it.

... except for the fact that cars are a common household item and mechs aren't?
  16. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Things do not have to be the exact same to be similar. They are both trying to rid the world of some premise of evil. They are both using a power that has to do with mind control. They are both extremely smart youths.

Again, you even say its not supposed to be great. It may be good by shonen standards, but it is not a good by anime standards.

It is based on the premise that Britania took over the world. It may involve mechs, but could eaily exist without it. If you watch the show you can see that Mechs may exist, but they do play a small roll when compared to something like Gundam. It could easily exist without them, if you replaced Britania using mechs with Britania using advanced plasma riffles. May not be as interesting, but hell, thats why it has mechs, they add interest. Most Mecha fags dont even consider it a mecha anime.
  17. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Dude, I edited that post long before you started viewing, dont bring up points that I deleted for a reason.
  18. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Britannia only took over a third of the world.

Sure, compared to a hardcore Mecha anime they play a small role. But their role is still massive compared to, say, Death Note. Or any non-mecha anime.

I didn't even notice.
  19. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

The whole basis of this argument is that Code Geass is nothing like Death Note and it is indeed like other Mecha when it is far more similar to DN then any Mecha in existance.
  20. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I don't care what the whole basis of this argument is, I've only been responding to individual statements so far. >.>