Code Geass Pwns Death Note.

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Phunky Philosophy, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Fact. Code Geass is so much better.

1. It has better characters, not the best character(It is hard to beat L) but overall it has more superior characters. Especialy the main character, who is a lot like Light, except for the fact that he posseses Depth, far more awesomness, and is not a jackass.

2. It is actually clever. The characters in Death note were supposedly smart because they had great deduction skillz, but they would always come up with everything how it was, even though there are a million other possibilities, they would never come up with alternate scenerios. It was as if the writers were giving the characters hints. Code Geass is everything that Death note Tries to be in this aspect.

3. Story. Death note has a shitty fucking story. It had a good premise, but the only thing keeping it alive was the characters. Code Geass on the other hand has an amazing story. it is compelling and enticing and just strait up amazing.

4. The Geass is such a cooler thing the the Death Note. CC may not be as cool as Ryuku, but the Geass is still superior.
  2. William Well-Known Member

I immensely enjoyed Death Note (The manga & movies, wasn't fond of the anime) and Code Geass, but...

I find that both are pretty much equal. Not sure how you can say that Death Note had a shitty story, but to each his own I guess.
    1 people like this.
  3. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

William, been a while. 'Sup?

I thought Death Note was awesome to a certain point. It began brilliantly, though somewhat deteriorated after the Yotsuba company got involved. After L died it pretty much went straight downhill, though the ending was well done.

I just started watching Code Geass today, but I like what I see so far. It's brilliant.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm going to post since Ishi(Will)-kun and Sou-kun posted. Why, yes I don't get how Death Note's story is "shitty" even if you take what happened after L's death into consideration (I think the story became a bit more blase, but it was still entertaining). Code Geass is kick ass, though >_>. I love both DN and CG.
  5. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

When it comes to the story, if it isnt amazing I will call it shitty.

Also Season 2 of Code Geass AKA Code Geass R2 is already looking to be something awesome. Episode 2 is as good as any episode from the first season.
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

The story isn't amazing then it's the proverbial shit? Eh, far be it from me to judge >_>;. Anyway, you should really go ahead and watch Code Geass R2 episode 3, Wiki.
  7. Overdose Delusion So strange what love does.

I finished Death Note a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I disagree about its storyline: I think that Death Note's storyline is quite original, immersive, interesting and well-written, at least for the first 25 episodes; it does go downhill after that, though I still feel it's decent. I also loved the whole dark, serious tone and atmosphere of the show, and L is just all kinds of awesome.

I still haven't seen Code Geass, though. I really need to. It's on my list to watch after I finish the second season of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
  8. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

I don't like Code Geass and I love DeathNote.

Biased? Maybe.
  9. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

It is not possible to like Death Note and Dislike Code Geass. COde Geass has all the elements that made Death note great, from similar characters, similar situations, and even the similarity between the Geass and the Death Note. The difference is that Geass has a story that progresses beyond a simple game of cat and Mouse. It has awesome action. It has Mechs for all those dumb Mecha elitists out there(Roger Smith lol).
  10. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

I liked the first three episodes of Code Geass and then I stopped caring. *shrugs*
  11. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

The first three are alright. The series literally gets better with every episode. At around episode 8 alls you can think is holy shit this is fucking amazing.
  12. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I'm at episode 9 and all I can think is, "Wow, these 'Order of the Black Knights' fellows are so theatrical it's amusing. They should be doing plays, not saving the world."

4 srs.
  13. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

You are gonna attack them for being to epic. Wow...... Death Note fanboys = Bias
  14. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I'm serious. Except for Zero, there's absolutely no tact or subtlety at all. They don't seem to have a clue what 'cover' is and they scream "The Order of the Black Knights has appeared!" before they start shooting. If any of their enemies knew how to aim a gun with more accuracy than a one-armed drunk monkey, I imagine they all would've been killed during their first mission.

Which isn't to say Code Geass is bad, since it does have awesome characters and an awesome premise, but the "Order of the Black Knights" is just so ... over-the-top that I can't help but laugh. I can honestly see them suddenly breaking into song and dance during a mission and it wouldn't feel out of place at all.

Though like I said I'm only on episode 9 so there's a lot of series left to catch.
  15. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Lol, I do agree that they go over the Top, but that is because of Zero, who pushes them over the Top, and that is what makes his character great. You forget that you are watching anime. It certainly is not as big a flaw as Death Notes flaw of dragging the series 30% farther then it should have gone.
  16. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Yeah, though the majority of Death Note wasn't that great anyway. The only part that really shined was the first ten episodes or so, but boy did they shine. Everything after Light was imprisoned = fail, except maybe the final two episodes.
  17. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

This thread is full of fail and aids.

Then again, Wiki started it, so I don't know where it could have went wrong.
  18. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

L fanboy says thread saying something is better then Death Note is fail. Why am I not surprised?
  19. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

Guy who doesn't like Death Note claiming something is better than it. Why am I not surprised?
  20. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Sei-chan: 1
    Wiki bozu: 0

FAITO!