Can we make suggestions for new sub-forums for the series discussions?

Discussion in 'Help, Suggestions, & Complaints Archive' started by Tatsu, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Tatsu Dragoniac

I'm not really up to date with how things work here so I hope you don't mind the question. :) I have to say I was a little shocked that the Legend of Zelda series doesn't have it's on subforum. I personaly think it should get one. Especially because I want to make a post about Legends Of The Four Swords. ;) Opinions?
  2. Rorschach New Member

...You honestly think we need ANOTHER inane subforum for a series that has less than a dozen consistently played entries? And to add insult to injury, it's not even the best in its genre, much less the most original, or the most noteworthy. I have no idea why this is being recommended, or why you think it's even remotely in the realm of necessary. If you want to make a post about Four Swords, there's a freaking forum for General Gaming AND Adventure Games. Use your imagination.

There's nothing that can be added to a Zelda forum that you can't in any way put in any of those places.
  3. Tatsu Dragoniac

Well, why do we need any of those subforums anyway if you look at it in that way? You can talk about any of the other games in the other existing forums too, it's not like I'm not aware of that. I was just asking what the criteria in general is. Besides that just because you don't seem to like the series does not mean everybody has to share your point of view about it.
  4. Rorschach New Member

No one said anything about sharing my point of view about the LoZ series. What I am saying is that what you're requesting not only adds to the boards already rampant clutter, but it's patently redundant.
  5. Reasonable Addition Wrong Answer

Maybe they should actually take away specific series boards...they don't get used that much. Make it like it was before-series discussion. Two or three separate boards is enough for games, right?
    Or at least, sub forums for each genre, like RPG's, survival horror and so on, plus the general gaming thing, along with the different consoles and their sub forums is good.

But either way, it all works-for me anyways, as I can find my way anywhere in even the messiest of forums. :)

I guess that's not the point, but if I were to suggest anything, despite my undying love for Silent Hill, is that the sections ought to be reduced, as they were before.

And isn't this the wrong place for this? :p
  6. Lithium <font color="hotpink">Writing On The Walls and Fir

Moved to the appropriate area and I also don't think we need yet another subforum, I believe there's too many in the gaming area as is.
  7. William Well-Known Member

Yeah, personally, I want the entire series sub-forums scrapped.

Both Legend and I were trying to get the gaming section slimmed down some, but nothing seemed to ever come from it. >.>
  8. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Yup. The Series board in particular just magically appeared from I can tell. ::Shrug::

In my opinion, we don't need a Zelda board, not because the series isn't important, but because Series boards in general are unnecessary.
  9. Reasonable Addition Wrong Answer

Grave added the series board, he said so in the silent hill thread...er, somewhere.

I don't think it's a bad idea at all, but it's useless if people don't use it.
  10. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I don't think it's useless, just needlessly redundant.

We already have boards for General Gaming, each console developer and seperate genres of game. Adding series just spreads topics out over a needless spectrum, and makes it necessary to do more clicking to see each individual topic.