Apparently, God hates me. Persona is being made into an anime series!

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Tentei No Mai, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

PERSONA - trinity soul -
    I was wandering through Moon Phase's site and guess what I stumbled upon?

This is more of a finding than an actual announcement since there's not much known about Persona -trinity soul- besides from the information being offered on the site. My kanji reading skills suck, but from what I can grasp...the story is based off of Persona 3 and is set in a future where Japan is recovering from a massive Apathy Syndrome attack, and the main character is a 17 year old high school student named Shin Kanzato. I was able to figure a few things out, but that's it. Still, I'm actually a bit ticked that my precious Persona series is being made into a potentially crappy anime, but since I try to take a page from Maya Amano by constantly thinking positive...I'll hold my complaints until more information pops up.
  2. The Liztress Poison Pink

Never know... It might actually be decent. I'd watch it just for the sake of watching. And could you imagine if they had made it live action? Then... I would have had to shudder. Something like Persona or really, any of those kind of games, should not be made into a live action deal. It wouldn't work out, imo.
  3. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

...It could be a decent anime, if they base it off the video games and not their own story.

Who knows?
  4. Reasonable Addition Wrong Answer

Hmm...an anime based on Persona could be so awesome, yet so many things could go wrong. Still, one must admit that the games do leave a lot for this sort of thing to become decent.

Or so one would hope?
  5. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm still opting to be positive about this, since perhaps the soundtrack for the Persona anime will be the omega factor of awesomeness and since I have an obsessive compulsive disorder for SMT merchandise I bet the stuff would be super sweet. Still, I need a ton more info on the voice actors and more storyline bits.
  6. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

I dissagree fully, basing off the game completely will make it lame as hell, it will be mediocre at best, but if they base it off thier own story, they will be taking a chance, it could be awsome, it could be horrid, it could be medocre, but it wont be confined.
  7. PKT Forever /a/lone

I don't know if this is true but...Do people in that series release "Helpful Spirits" by shooting themselves in the head?
  8. Lanza Well-Known Member

[IMG]

If this is true, apparently God hates us all. There's not much about Persona that I can stand.
  9. Reasonable Addition Wrong Answer

Lol, indeed this happens in Persona 3. And, in most Shin Megami games I've played, things like this are just the beginning of the obscurity which makes this series great.

Screw Final Fantasy lol. :D
  10. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

God isn't the only who hates you Mai...buwahahaha. I've never even played Persona, but if it's an anime...yeah, it's going to suck. Sorry Mai. Well, not really...BECAUSE I HATE YOU.
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I don't know if anyone is checking out the Persona TS website on a daily basis or not, but there's a ton of (relatively) new info available on the site. For example, there's a trailer available. Anywho, my Japanese sucks, but if you guys have any questions about the site I'll try to answer them.

P.S. Mic, I like how you went all furry on me!
  12. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

Didn't know you were into that kind of thing Mai. Maybe I shouldn't shave just for you. ;)
    1 people like this.
  13. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

I would like to see this anime for myself, before I judge it either way.

Persona the game series rocks, and one could only hope the same of the anime.
  14. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I want to announce that the first episode of Persona TS is now available via fan sub, so you know...get to watching. Either find a torrent of it or go to CrunchyRoll. As for me, I'll have to watch it later because I need to run a few errands. Once I return and give Persona TS a good viewing I'll post praise/bitching.
  15. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

So much for a few errands. Okay, folks! I have just finished watching the very first episode of Persona TS and you know what? It might turn out to be a decent after all. I'd go into detail about the episode, the music, the voice actors, the animation quality, etc., but I would much prefer to wait until at least SOME people have watched it, so I won't spoil anything. Therefore, I'll compile a list of things that I like about Persona TS (so far) and things that I don't like about Persona TS (so far).

The Likes:
    Even though Taku Iwasaki is the one handling the soundtrack, I detect some Shoji Meguro. Great Job!

The ending animation and song is rather nice even though the animation is basically a panorama. I'm a fan of Nana Kitade and her song "Suicide's Love Story" is Persona-esque.

Takehito Koyasu is the voice actor for Ryou Kanzato, so I'm pleased. Also, Mai Nakahara is playing a role. Igor's voice actor is playing his role as well, thank God.

The relationship that Ryou and Shin has with each other. They remind me of Katsuya and Tatsuya from Persona 2 for some quirky reason. Also, Jun is creeping me out a little (you'll know what I'm talking about once you watch the show).

I was worried about how the Personae in the anime will be portrayed, but now I feel a bit better. Go, Personae!

The Dislikes:

The opening animation and song kind of stinks. It reminds me of Death Note's second opening animation which sucks.

I have yet to see Elizabeth. WHERE THE FUCK IS ELIZABETH?

Er, I can't really think of anything else to bitch about, so yeah.
  16. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Sounds pretty good after all!

So, how long is the first episode anyway? Like half an hour?
  17. The Bill tf2 is a good game

...I don't have the slightest clue what Persona is, in fact, I'm fairly sure it wasn't released in this country/continent, but ah well. I don't watch anime anyway. :)
  18. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

*cough*Emulation*cough* *cough*
  19. The Bill tf2 is a good game

*cough*nocomputer*cough* *cough*

I can do it too! :)
  20. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Crap, yeah...I forgot about that :(

So what are you using to type right now anyway? The Wii?