Anime: My Neighbour Totoro, do you know it?

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Tatsu, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Tatsu Dragoniac

I've seen it some weeks ago and I really love it. Has anybody seen it and can somebody recommend me similar films? Chihiro's Voyage to Wonderland (I don't know if it's the right title since I've only translated the German title in English) is also a bit similar with the creatures from japanese mystic. So any suggestions are appreicated!
  2. William Guest

Nope, I haven't seen it, but I was told it was very good. The person that recommended My Neighbor Totoro to me recommended the following:

Howl's Moving Castle
    Spirited Away
    Princess Mononoke
    Kiki's Delivery Service (or something like that - only wrote down Kiki's on my paper)
  3. Tatsu Dragoniac

Thanks for the recommendations, my gf told me that Princess Mononoke is great. I will check out the others for sure! I'm not sure but Moving Castle will be in our cinemas soon (our means here in Switzerland).
    1 people like this.
  4. Tatsu Dragoniac

Finally Moving Castle is aired in a cinema here. I will hopefully see it soon...
  5. ProtoJMB Gone

Wow, I saw this one a long time ago. I haven't seen it in like... almost 10 years now. I want to see it again soon though. I am getting it on DVD from Netflix.
  6. Tatsu Dragoniac

Cool, another one who knows the movie. I really adore it with all the mystical creatures. Like the cat-bus...
  7. ubx51 ABBA Fanboy

I haven't seen this anime in the longest time. I do believe that Disney is releasing it in the US in March next year with Howl's Moving Castle but I could be wrong.