Anime/Manga that you recently got into

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by The Liztress, Nov 24, 2007.

1. The Liztress Poison Pink

I know we have the recently purchased topic but what about the ones you read online? What ones caught your fancy?

For me, it's a manga called Vampire Knight. I just read the first book, or chapter, of it and I must say it seems to be really good. It's about a school that is separated into a day class and a night class. Day class are the human students and the night class is the vampires, obviously... It, so far, focus on a young girl named Yuuki who, along with a boy named Zero, is a prefect and guardian of the school. Pretty much they make sure the classes don't mix. So far, that is all I got.
  2. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

Loveless, Hana Kimi, and my new obsession Ouran High School Host Club. I love Ouran.
  3. PKT Forever /a/lone

I think I'm going to watch Chobits again which is sort of like getting back into it except I never stopped liking it.
  4. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I could just kiss you Steph! Hana Kimi is one of my favorite mangas, as is Ouran, though I love watching it more. I love Ouran. So much that I can't ever stop re-watching the episodes that I downloaded.
  5. The Liztress Poison Pink

I read, recently, a manga called You are my Girlfriend... Or something like that. But seriously, I thought it was good.
  6. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I recently got into Mars and Marmalade Boy. Those are really good.
  7. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

I haven't checked out any series for a while.

Always open to new suggestions however.
  8. Lanza Well-Known Member

Same here. Does anyone have suggestions for me?
  9. Panic Don't tase me, bro!

The last new anime I started watching was Bleach. I stopped after about 20 episodes. Not sure why, just kinda lost interest I think.

The last manga I read was xxxHOLiC. I still have like 3 more volumes to read, then I am gonna try to get my hands on the anime and the anime movie.
  10. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Umm, yeah. I'm gonna warn you about the anime. It makes the characters look EXTREMELY weird. All the limbs are extremely long. It's good though.
  11. Panic Don't tase me, bro!

The manga makes them look a little out of proportion too with the limbs.. but thanks :)
  12. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I go through anime and manga like a crazed drug addict, so it's kind of annoying to pinpoint my recent addictions. Anyway, I'll just name a few and stop. Rosario + Vampire (though I have to admit the show is a bit cliche), Overman King Gainer, Ah! My Goddess: Fighting Wings, Potemayo, High School of the Dead, Silent Mobius, Alive, La Corda d'oro (specifically the manga), Gundam 00, H20, Junjo Romantica, Paprika, Persona -trinity soul- and St. Lunatic High School.
  13. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Recently got back into watching Sailor Moon again. Crunchyroll.com has all the episodes, so I've just been watching it there. Even though I have Sailor Moon SuperS, Stars, and Sailor Stars all on DVD, it's cool watching it on my laptop. xD

I also recently got back into watching Fruits Basket and He Is My Master.
  14. Keidense Member

OH MY! I love that anime! Although I'm only really at episode 12 or so, the downloads are too slow for me because I'm on another anime right now :/

I absolutely love Reborn! <33333 and proud of being addicted to it (and its fandom).
    Best new favourite anime, ever.
  15. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I'm a little over half done with Death Note, and I must say that I find it to be one of the greatest anime I've watched in a long while. I recommend it to anyone willing to watch an intelligent, brilliant crime story mixed with some supernatural elements.

The basic plot is as follows: A school student -- Yagami Light -- discovers a Death God's notebook, which grants its owner the ability to kill any person simply by writing their name in the pad. Light quickly sets out on a mission to purge the planet of all villainous miscreants, but his plans are somewhat halted when the police decide his actions must be condemned and he imprisoned. But the police, completely dumbfounded on how to catch a criminal who can kill from a distance with nothing but a name and a face, must enlist the assistance of a brilliant but enigmatic detective known only as 'L.' It becomes a battle between the two, Light attempting to discover L's true identity and L attempting to uncover Light and his connection to the murders.

A dark and sordid but brilliantly conceived tale that, just from what I've seen so far, is astounding beyond words. Check it out if you haven't already.
  16. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

If anyone wants to watch a good anime.

The three greatest ones I have seen are(And in order from greatest to least)
    Code Geass
    Death Note
    Elfen Lied.
  17. Overdose Delusion So strange what love does.

Last anime that I watched was Death Note.

Last manga I read was Kimagure Orange Road. Pretty old series, but it's cute.